Wednesday 27 January 2010

Sick, sick, sick

I'm having one of the worst bouts of food poisoning in history; if this blog goes quiet and never resurrects itself, it'll probably be because I've vomited so hard my large intestine has erupted out of my mouth and I'm lying dead on the bathroom floor. Or because I've lost so much fluid through diarrhea that I'm merely a dried out husk vaguely resembling an Incan mummy buried in the Andes.

I don't have the wherewithal to write anything substantive. Instead, a picture of what I bought yesterday - the Japanese translation of Tunnels & Trolls seventh edition:




7 comments:

  1. That shit sucks, man. I've frequently been struck down with the Regurgitatus curse and have learnt to be a little more discerning about what I shovel into my gullet.

    T&T looks better in Japanese. RC also looks much better but that has a lot to do with the fact that the Dykstra illos in the original are bland and those borders are just a bit Nanna. RC is great and gets a lot of love from the old-school community but I hate the look of the damn thing (except for the cover).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy memories of fast and effective weight loss whilst in India. :)

    That Japanese T&T looks awesome. I've got the recent 7.5 boxed set but, admittedly stupidly, can't take it to simply because the illustrations aren't as evocative as the Josh Kirby ones in my old Corgi printing of an earlier edition. I'd buy a copy with a cover like that in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Japanese T&T looks great. I wonder if their translation of the 7th edition makes more sense than the original... I swear nobody who hadn't already played 5th edition would be able to decipher that thing.

    Word verification: fackers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you buy the Japanese T&T?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Kinokuniya in Shinjuku, the branch next to Takashimaya. There's a small RPG section on the first floor, but all they sell are translations of GURPS, T&T, and D&D.

    ReplyDelete